Youth Law Symposium Series - 2 "The Role of Law in breaking the cycle of violence"
Umut Vakfı Research Center
Yuongsters of Law Symposium Series- 2
“Role of Law in Breaking Violence Cycle”
Ankara Law Association
November 25-26, 2011, ANKARA
Goal: The symposium series that discuss different subjects every year aims at creating a platform in which the youngsters, who will be those applying the laws in future, may come together to discuss different ideas and share their opinions with an aim at strengthening the believes regarding superiority of law and solving conflicts with a peaceful method.
Title of this year’s symposium is "Role of Law in Braking Violence Cycle".
Symposium document subjects:
Position of Turkey with respect to "Role of Law in Breaking Violence Cycle" shall be analyzed while considering different views between disciplines and it shall be compared to applications and situations in different countries; it is expected that disciplines such as sociology, law, philosophy, communication, cultural studies, social psychology, forensic sciences, criminology and social history will be considered when looking in to different points of view between disciplines. The geographical area is limited to Turkey; However, comparisons with international examples may also be used. The Symposium shall be presented in Turkish.
In this regard the following subjects shall be considered in negotiations of opinions in the scope pf document subjects, but the titles shall not be limited to the ones mentioned hereunder. Other titles related to the subject shall be evaluated by the Scientists and juries.
1. Individual Armament and violence 2. Social gender and Violence 3. Government of Law and Violence 4. Social moves and Violence 5. Power and violence 6. Poverty and violence 7. Violence from Anthropological View 8. Media and violence 9. Hatred Crimes and violence
Those that may participate in the symposium:
• Students in Faculty of Law or disciplines related to law (Sociology, Philosophy, Psychology, Communication, Cultural Studies, Economy and Administrative Studies, Forensic Sciences, etc.) Bachelor students
• Graduate school students studying in programs related to Law and similar disciplines in Social Sciences Institute Programs (excluding doctorate students)
• Lawyers in training
• Doctors in training and Public Prosecutors in Training may participate with their notifications.
Location: Ankara Law Association Conference Room
It shall be possible to gain access to symposium participation conditions for those possessing a notification and to obtain information regarding participation and all necessary forms via www.umut.org.tr/hukukungencleri link.
The participants must send their individual information summaries containing 150–200 words and five key words related to the subject along with their resumes and e-mail addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org address until October 21 at most.
Those interested in participation in the symposium shall fill out and submit the participation form provided at the aforementioned web site until Friday, October 21, 2011.
An e-book shall be created from works subject to the symposium.
The information provided in the symposium shall be evaluated and those who have submitted the best ones will be awarded.
Important dates regarding Symposium:
• Final application date to submit a summary of the documents: Friday, October 21, 2011
• Final date to submit complete texts of the documents: Friday, November 18, 2011
• Symposium Date: November 25-26, 2011
Accommodation and Transportation:
The Symposium Organization Board shall compensate for accommodation and transportation fees of those submitting documents.
Principles regarding Writing a Complete Text for Youngsters of Law Symposium:
Sample complete text:
Please do not hesitate to cal to obtain details regarding the symposium.
Umut Vakfı Research Center
Yıldız Posta Caddesi, 52 Esentepe 34340 Istanbul - Turkey
Tel: 0212 337 29 93 Fax: 0212 288 66 75
- Summary of Declarations
Social gender and Violence
Points of Views of Faculty of Law Students with respect to Individual Armament
İDİL YILDIRIM - ECE KARAKAPTAN
A Multi Headed Problem : Problem of Woman
Human Gave Birth, Media Brought up
The Problem of the Founder Government as a direct Factor Causing Violence
Law, Government, Violence (staying away): "Civil disobedience"
GAZİ GİRAY GÜNAYDIN
From Violence in Media to Media of Violence Responsibility of Law in Solving the knot
Apprentice Lawyer DİLARA YAMAN*
Children, who Encounter Fight against Terrorism: Crystallization of Friend/Enemy Discrimination due to Criminal Charge
Research Officer GÖZDE AYTEMUR
Civil Disobedience Phenomenon in Democratic Legal Government
Street manifestation of Nationalism and Example of Turkey and Russia regarding Impunity with respect to these Crimes
Violence against Women and Prevention of Domestic Violence and Role of Law in Fight against these
Hatred Expression and Hatred Crimes based on Emotional Violence
Perception of Violence and Conceptual Dimension of Violence in Turkey
İBRAHİM HALİL ÇETRES
This Subhead Story
ZEYNEP BURCU GÜNEŞ
Law and Violence in Creation of Human History
Ankara Law Society
II. SYMPOSIUM OF YOUNGSTERS IN LAW
"ROLE OF LAW IN BREAKING VIOLENCE CYCLE"
Ankara Law Society
Training and Culture center
Friday, November 25, 2011
09.30–10.00 Opening Speeches
Nazire Dedeman Çağatay, Umut Vakfı Founding President
Prof. Dr. Metin Feyzioğlu, President of Ankara Law Society
Prof. Dr. Hüseyin Altaş, Ankara University Dean of Faculty of Law
10.00–11.00 I. MEETING "Government, Society and Violence"
Meeting President: Prof.Dr.Hayrettin Ökçesiz
• Law, Government, Violence (staying away): “Civil Disobedience”, Gazi Giray Günaydın, Istanbul Şehir University
• The Problem of Founder Government as a direct Factor Causing Violence, Hasan Küçükkaya, Private Sector
• Civil Disobedience Facts in Democratic Lawful Government, Sibel Yılmaz, Ankara University Faculty of Law
11.15–11.30 Coffee Break
11.30–12.30 II. MEETING "Woman and Violence"
Meeting President: lawyer Tülay Bekar
• Perception of Violence and Conceptual Dimension of Violence in Turkey, İbrahim Halil Çetres, Mardin Artuklu University
• A Multi Headed Problem : Women, Şeyma Sağdıç, Ankara University Faculty of Law
• Social Gender and Violence, Selin Gülbahar, Ankara University Faculty of Law
• Violence against Women and Prevention of Domestic Violence and Role of Law in Fight against these, Benan Molu, Marmara University Faculty of Law
12.45– 1:45 PM Lunch
1.45 PM–2:45 PM III. MEETING: "Media, Violence and Hatred Expression"
Meeting President: Assit. Prof. Dr. Ayhan Tekinsoy
• A Subhead Story, Zeynep Burcu Güneş, Ankara University Faculty of Law
• Human Gave Birth, Media brought Up, Cemile Türkmen, Ankara University Faculty of Law
• hatred Crimes and Hatred Expressions based on Emotional Violence, Gizem Yardımcı, Marmara University Faculty of Law
15.10–15.15 Coffee Break
15.15–16.15 IV. MEETING: "Law, Terror, Violence"
Meeting President: Filiz Kerestecioğlu
• Point of View of Faculty of Law students regarding Individual Armament, İdil Yıldırım, Ece Karakaptan, Marmara University Faculty of Law
• Children, who Encounter Fight against Terrorism: Clarity of Discrimination between Friends/Enemies after a Criminal Charge, Research Officer Gözde Aytemur, Galatasaray University Sociology Department
• Nationalism and Examples of Turkey and Russia regarding Impunity with respect to this Crime, Merve Esen, Ankara University Faculty of Law
16.15–17.00 Evaluation and Result
Lawyer Fikret İlkiz