- According to a research, it was estimated that the cost of 12,000 gun violence incidents in 2005 was about $ 100 billion annually (Gun Violence:The Real Costs; Philip J. Cook).
- When this research is applied to the murder cases in Turkey, annual social cost is estimated as $ 5 billion.
| || |
- Same research indicates that it does not matter whether guns are registered or unregistered to involve in crimes.
- It is calculated that the average period for registered guns to involve in crimes is 5.7 years.
- Guns fulfill their sole function, which is “killing” - whether they are registered or not.
| || |